Tweets from the first couple of days of the 2010 CMU Workshop at Harding University (latest to earliest):
- WesWoodell great night tonight at #cmuw … campus ministers only meeting was wonderful. I hear the students had fun too …
- WesWoodell #cmuw when u have an attitude of tolerance toward sin, you give them permission to move on to other sins
- CIAMinistries In regard to church discipline, “What you permit is what tends to become permanent.” -Robert Cox #CMUW
- CIAMinistries Watching some random long-haired dude in Midnight Oil do the most amazing Jack Sparrow impression ever.#CMUW
- CIAMinistries Can’t wait to go to Underground tomorrow night. Seriously, I come to Searcy first for the lessons, second for the coffee houses. #CMUW
- CIAMinistries “Grace and the Tin Man: Grace Only Fails When…” (Lynn Stringfellow) – NOTES http://tinyurl.com/39aohk9 #CMUW
- CIAMinistries Things that keep us from receiving God’s grace: “Pride is the classic grace-killer. God does not bless pride.” -Lynn Stringfellow #CMUW
- CIAMinistries “Is prayer a monologue or a dialogue? Are we prepared for clear communication from God?” -Mitch Wilburn #CMUW
- CIAMinistries The students are at Midnight Oil while the campus ministers are in a meeting. I’d say we got the better end of the deal.#CMUW
- bensonhines Just had a guy at #cmuw call up a pic of the Yes, Dear cast on the big screen b/c yep, I do look & talk like Greg (Anthony Clark)! 🙂
- WesWoodell #cmuw there’s a natural inclination in us to minimize sin. The Corinthians minimized incest!
- WesWoodell #cmuw Every passage of Scripture is there to protect you from something evil or to promote you toward something good!
- WesWoodell #cmuw the Holy Spirit wrote an entire chapter devoted to countering the idea that habitual sinful behavior should be tolerated in the church
- WesWoodell #cmuw if u think being graceful means giving permission to sin, you’re reading scripture selfishly
- bensonhines Kerry Cox describing “CrossChats,” his ministry’s spiritual discussion communities w/ outreach focus (reminds me of Zoe’s in Brazil) #cmuw
- WesWoodell #cmuw we’re watching clips of A&E’s hit show “Intervention” as Robert Cox explains principles from 1’Corinthians 5
- CIAMinistries “Not everybody has the ‘gift’ of evangelism, but we do all have the same mission.” -Wes Woodell #CMUW
- WesWoodell #cmuw looking forward to studying church discipline this afternoon & dealing gracefully with those who believe differently than me tonight
- WesWoodell Patrick Mead did a great job today at #cmuw – day 2 going great so far. Sound issues resolved by one of our workshop attendees.
- bensonhines Listening to Clint Hill, whose min at Texas A&M Corpus Christi went from 2 students after a split to campus org of the year at TAMUCC #cmuw
- WesWoodell #CMUW “God is either speaking to me in a direct way or I’m crazy – either way life is about to get real interesting”
- bensonhines Another cool quality of #cmuw : Every seminar period split in two (by a 10-min break); second 50-minutes is explicitly for application, Q&A
- WesWoodell “Don’t think of the Philippian jailer as a modern cop with cameras him – think torture chambers – easier for him if Paul was dead” #CMUW
- scalgaro @bensonhines would still be interested to know if you could find out for me. Thanks for keeping us all aware of what’s going on in the #CMUW
- bensonhines One particularly cool & unique aspect of #cmuw is that they record all the sessions & then give the audio away for free…
- WesWoodell Meeting with Mitch Wilburn for lunch at Rib Crib. Sometimes life is hard. This isn’t one of those times. #CMUW
Check out the pictures here.
I will post all of the audio recordings from the lessons early next week … will post the link when they’re uploaded. We still have two more days of this workshop to go … time to get some rest for tomorrow … g’night!