I’m in the midst of working on a research paper for my Social Ethics class at Fuller.
Here’s my reading list:
- Just and Unjust Wars: A Moral Argument with Historical Illustrations by Michael Walzer
- God’s Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It by Jim Wallis
- Personal Faith, Public Policy by Harry R. Jackson Jr. & Tony Perkins
- The Politics of Jesus by John Howard Yoder
- Ethics for a Brave New World by John S. Feinberg & Paul D. Feinberg
- The Moral Vision of the New Testament by Richard B. Hays
- The Future of Faith in American Politics: The Public Witness of the Evangelical Center by David P. Gushee
- Kingdom Ethics: Following Jesus in Contemporary Context by Glen H. Stassen & David P. Gushee
A plurality of views is represented by these materials.
Where do you stand?
Are you a pacifist, or do you believe war is a valid option?
If you’re a pacifist, why? If you believe war is valid, in what instances?
What do you believe the Bible teaches regarding pacifism and war?